Bismillah ir-Rahman ir-Rahim....




The Mujahada in Prada

Thursday, February 18, 2010

~The Shoe-aholic~

aSalaam uAlaikum...My Name is Mujahada in Prada...and I am a shoe-aholic.

Ok, so you laugh, but seriously I have a major shoe habit, one that is starting to become more of an obsession..maybe verging on an addiction. ( at least it's halaal! )

And the thing is, I have a very strong feeling that it is not entirely my fault.  I believe it is actually hereditary in the women of my family.  My mom's closet is so full of shoes that she had to add a little rounder in the center just so she could fit some more in there!  Even my daughter (who is only two years old) has close to twenty pairs of shoes.  Ok...so I guess that one is my fault since I'm the one who buys them for her, but it's kind of a tradition.  We go to Dillards (my all time favorite place to buy shoes) and my mom buys me like three pairs of amazing shoes, so of course it's only fair that we go upstairs and I do the same for my daughter, right?  (Is there even any logic in that statement?? hmmmm)

Well anyways, my absolute favorite style of shoe is the clog.  Mule, clog...whatever you want to call it, they are the answers to any fashionable Muslimah's shoe desires.

They hide your feet.
They are comfortable.
They look great with pants, or skirts, or abayas, or whatever you choose to wear them with.

Now, before I go any further let me specify something.  I am NOT referring to those lunch lady style clogs that our grandmothers used to wear. 
(and no offense to any ladies who like those...they just simply are not my style)

I am talking about the new, funky, fun, feminine clogs that are back in style for this summer.  (yes I did say back in style!!!)  I cannot explain how overjoyed I was to be skimming through my March 2010 Lucky Magazine and find an article about these amazing foot accessories that we know as clogs and their re-emergence on the fashion scene. YAY!  Let's take a look, shall we??


Hellooooo there Sacagawea...those are NOT your average moccasins! (not really an average price either unfortunately)  "Tamara" style clog by Cynthia Vincent...available here.


If you can get past the weird name of this shoe, the wedge heel is fabulous and the rouched leather adds a bit to an otherwise mundane style...Blowfish Hedonic Wedge Clog..and you can find it here.



Just like the name says, these are the PERFECT traveling shoe...easy to slip on and off through security, comfortable, warm, and oh sooo cute!  Rocket Dog "Globetrot" and you can get them here.


Now these are a bit simple for my taste...I usually prefer something a little funkier, but I can totally picture how well these would go with some classy slacks and a nice tunic..Corso Como "Simple" available here.


Not sure why they couldn't take a couple of minutes to think of a better name for these...but nonetheless these are adorable...gotta love that tassle! Michael Kors Backless Women's Pumps...you can get them here.


My favorite pair of shoes at this moment.  I wear them with everything, and going everywhere.  You can put the strap up for more security, or wear it the way it's show.  Jessica Simpson Xain...find them here.



Matisse is probably my all-time favorite company for clogs.  These are adorable, the perfect combination of casual chic...Matisse "Taylor"...you can get them here.



Personally, these clogs by DSQUARED2 are a little out of my pricerange at the moment...but for those sisters who have a little extra cash to spend, these would add a great splash of color to any outfit! DSQUARED2 Sling Back "Pippi" and you can spend that extra cash here.



I own these in the white with turquoise combo...when I first found them I was a little apprehensive of buying white clogs, thinking I would have nothing to wear with them...but they quickly became my "go to" shoes in my closet...Matisse "Emmy"...and you can "go to" them here.

So I guess I should stop now.  When I told one of my close friends last night I was going to blog about shoes her reply was "What took you so long?".  I could easily go on and on about shoes, show you pictures of all my newest ones, or even explain to you all of the technical names for the different parts of shoes.  I sold them for four years at a high-end department store, which just worsened my addiction, and a few months ago when I was planning to move somewhere, but later changed my mind, I shipped 15 pairs and never got them back.  And I still have at least 30 pair in my closet now (but that is partially my mom's fault because she hides them there so my dad won't get mad LOL)  I know, it's bad...but I don't think they've made any support meetings for shoe-addicts.  If you know of any, please let me know...

Ma'Salaama and Happy Clogging!

Fashionably Yours,
The Mujahada in Prada

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew there was a reason I liked you. I LOVE clogs. They're the only shoes I wear in the wintertime :D


Aminah

The Mujahada in Prada said...

Clogs are a great thing habibti!! And is that the only reason you like me?? LOL...thanks for commenting :)

Lauren said...

I can't stand clogs. lol I prefer more stream-lined shoes. This is one trend I won't be joining in on :P

Linda (Twitchee) said...

I like the wedge heel you showed. The brown with the "wrinkly" leather? Love it. :) You're allowed your shoe-obsession. I am a closet handbag lover (I just can't afford to have 100 of them, LOL!)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.