Bismillah ir-Rahman ir-Rahim....




The Mujahada in Prada

Friday, February 19, 2010

~The Lazy Abaya Post~

aSalaam uAlaikum and Good Morning my Stylish Sisters...

I am going to be lazy today.  Ok, so it's not so much laziness as pure exhaustion.  The last thing I want to do is complain, because alhamdulillah I am so grateful to be blessed with the life I have.  But please forgive me if this post is quite simple compared to most, I couldn't stand skipping a day of chatting with you lovely ladies.

That is why I chose to share some of my favorite abaya styles that are available right now.  Whether you are a sister who wears abaya as an everyday staple, or a sister who wears them for special occasions or traveling to certain places I have done my best to try to represent an assortment of styles and color options.

This first website I am going to show you some styles from is actually not a muslimah website at all, and their abayas are not actually considered abayas, but caftans instead.  That doesn't diminish the fact that they are all beautiful, quality garments that can be tailored to your specific measurements.

I have drooled over this caftan for quite some time now, but haven't found an excuse to spend the money on it yet.  Beautiful deep purple coral design embroidary around the neckline and cuffs make this abaya unique and classy.  You can spend the money on it here. 



This abaya is from eastessence.com.  I have purchased three abayas from this website, and I was happy with all three, although I have known a couple of sisters who had trouble with the fabric staining easily.  They have a nice variety from very simple, to very fashionable, and have amazingly low prices.  You can get this one and many more if you go here.



This beautiful taupe abaya is from alhannah.com.  Personally I have never bought anything from this website, but I have heard good reviews about their products.  The majority of their abayas are quite simple and basic, but they do have some nice emroidered styles from time to time as well.  Moderately priced, and you can get them here.


This website is full of funky, fashionable jilbabs that have a cool, urban feel to them.  If you are the type of sister who likes to wear New Balance tennies with denim skirts, or old school Pumas with her jilbab, this is the website for you.  You can get this style and more here.



You just have to love the femininity and fluidity of shukronline abayas.  They have this and other brand new styles for Spring/Summer 2010 that are a must-have for any fashionista muslimah! You can get the cowl neck abaya (shown above) and many more if you go here.



Okay, so technically this doesn't qualify as abaya because it is sheer, but I had to include it because I own it, I love it, and I always get compliments on it whenever I wear it. At an amazing price, this beautiful abaya can be yours by going here.


This website is a great source for simple, everyday abayas at reasonable prices.  This one comes in two fabrics, and is perfect for daily use.  You can buy it here.


Okay...all I can say is Mash'Allah...this website has got some gorgeous abaya and gowns for special occasions. The prices are not something that most of us can afford to spend on any average abaya, but these are not your average abayas.  Beautiful for weddings, engagement parties, or other formal events you can find this "Tara" style caftan in Magenta (shown) or Jade, and other beautiful gowns here.


So there you have it my marvelous muslimahs...eight wonderful and unique abayas.  Insh'Allah you found one, or more, styles that appealed to you.  I find when it comes to buying abayas it may take a little experimenting until you find out just the style, just the size, and just the color that suits you best.  Whether you love the bright magenta caftan from Artizara.com, the chic black and white floral dress from GoModest.com, or the cool urban jilbab from IslamicDesignHouse.com somewhere out there is the perfect abaya for you.  Whether you prefer the simplicity of an all black abaya like at IslamicBoutique.com, or the embroidered elegance of the caftans at eShakti.com insh'Allah you find just the one you have in mind.  And if you have any great websites for abayas, please insh'Allah leave me a comment with the website so the rest of us sisters can see...

...or are you trying to keep them a secret? 

Ma'Salaama and Happy Shopping!

Fashionably Yours,
The Mujahada in Prada

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely loved this post. If you are obsessed with shoes, Im obsessed with abayas (and the like~ I also buy a lot of maxis for the full length coverage) I recently bought a trendy piece from east essence, I love their custom sizing options because I always need different sizes for my tops and bottoms, so it was a great plus for me. I also shopped at Dukkaan and the size I chose was a perfect fit, I couldnt be happier. Im not sure if you mentioned Dukkaan in your post, if not heres another choice for your ardent readers :-)

Linda (Twitchee) said...

Masha'allah. Those are some beautiful abayas. I love the one you posted from shukronline - the nude colored one? I totally agree about the femininity and fluidity of it. That's something I actually wouldn't mind wearing myself (I don't wear abaya). Love your taste in clothing habibty. :)

Anonymous said...

You are the worst influence EVAR. Went clog shopping today. Now you post stuff about abayas. Hhhhhhhhuh.

(Say, do you know of anyplace to get some good, basic black clogs?)

Aminah

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.