Bismillah ir-Rahman ir-Rahim....




The Mujahada in Prada

Friday, February 12, 2010

~The Queen Has Died...Long Live The...~

aSalaam uAlaikum and Good Morning my Stylish Sisters,

Yesterday the fashion industry lost one of its most influential designers, a true couturier; a master of delicate drapery, and structured ensembles alike.

I felt it was only appropriate to dedicate a small tribute to his talents, his outrageous accouterment, his influence on both couture and commercial clothing throughout the world.  There are no words in the english language that could come close to describing his avant garde garments, so instead I will share with you images of a few of his most beautiful and outlandish creations.

Ma'Salaama and Have a Very Couture Day...

Fashionably Yours,
The Mujahada in Prada

Alexander McQueen Couture 2006

Alexander McQueen Couture Fall 2008

Alexander McQueen Couture Fall 2009
(my absolute favorite season of his)




1 comment:

Mujahada said...

I have to say, I did like a LOT of his work! It was definitely "out there" but it still always followed my taste! Sometimes designers just go OVERBOARD and are so extreme in their designs and end up losing the concept of what I would consider to be "fashionable" but I think he did a good job of keeping it cool. I like all of the pieces you posted too!