Bismillah ir-Rahman ir-Rahim....




The Mujahada in Prada

Friday, February 12, 2010

~The Art of Entertaining Part II~

aSalaam uAlaikum and Good Afternoon my Stylish Sisters...

I just wanted to share with you the finished product of my centerpiece creation from yesterday's luncheon.  It (of course) didn't turn out exactly as I had envisioned, as I accidentally bought pineapple that was already cored, so I couldn't cut the slices into flowers as I had planned.  But alhamdulillah with a little bit of improvisation and keeping Rule #7 in mind (Don't Sweat The Small Stuff) it turned out pretty well, and was a big hit with our guests.  Not to mention it was delicious!

It was very easy to make.  I simply cut the melon in different ways; using a melon baller for the end pieces, and cutting other pieces into long sections or bite-sized squares.  The pineapple I did the same way (although I usually cut it in rounds, and shape them into flowers), and the strawberries I dipped in semi-sweet chocolate and drizzled with white chocolate.  I used lettuce leaves as garnish, and using kabob sticks I stuck the pieces of melon into a piece of foam inside of a pretty basket.  I used the extra strawberries as a garnish around the basket and set the entire creation on a nice ceramic plate to match the rest of the table settings.

Ma'Salaama, and Happy Creating!

Fashionably Yours,
The Mujahada in Prada

My Fruit Bouquet with Chocolate Dipped Strawberries

2 comments:

Amira said...

Asalamu alaikum Wow mashallah that looks almost to nice to eat.. Almost *smiles. Ma' asalama

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.