Bismillah ir-Rahman ir-Rahim....




The Mujahada in Prada

Saturday, February 13, 2010

~Lather, Rinse, Repeat~

aSalaam uAlaikum and Good Morning my Stylish Sisters!


Looking back on my posts from the last couple of days, I think I have posted enough that I am seriously at risk of overstaying my welcome. (which is definitely not a fashionable thing to do)
So this morning's post will be very short, very sweet, and very helpful insh'Allah!

I personally have very finicky, sensitive skin. Either it is too oily, too dry, or breaking out for one reason or another. Trying a new product is quite literally skin suicide for me, and usually requires complete isolation for a couple of days just to prevent causing any strangers on the street to run and hide thinking a new measles epidemic has hit.

Okay, so I exaggerate (a little) but honestly, I am very cautious about using anything on my face that isn't as gentle as possible.

So, I will always have deep respect, admiration, and appreciation for a certain Nordstrom associate who once gave me the most valuable skin-related advice I have ever received. And now, because I love you ladies, I am going to pass this advice on to you.

When you go to wash your face (which you should do only twice a day with soap or cleanser-once in the morning and once in the evening) fill up the sink with very warm, almost hot, water. Use this water to splash your face once or twice before applying your cleanser. Using a gentle cleanser, or acne cleanser if that is a concern for you, gently rub your face in circular motions. Sensitive skin should never be scrubbed. Never. Ever. Ever.

After gently rubbing your cleanser into your skin, start rinsing your face with the water in the sink. Rinse, rinse, rinse, rinse, rinse, rinse, rinse, rinse......50 times. Yes fifty....five-zero. If you are in a hurry then you can do 25 or 30...but no fewer than 25. After you have rinsed fifty times with that sink water you can run the tap and rinse only once or twice with the water from the tap. Blot your face dry (never rub) and apply your moisturizer immediately.

I promise you...within a week you will see the difference. I cannot guarantee you will no longer have any blemishes, but what I can guarantee you is a glow. That certain luminosity, that radiance and flush that we usually only have during pregnancy, or the first few months of true looooooove. That will be yours-to keep! And it's free! (and who doesn't like free things?)

So, go try it! And if it works (which I'm sure it will insh'Allah) pass it on to your friends, and your sisters, and your mom! And insh'Allah soon this world will be full of beautiful muslimahs walking around with hearts bursting with imaan, and faces shining with grace.

Ma'Salaama and Happy Rinsing!



Fashionably Yours,
The Mujahada in Prada

P.S. I highly recommend using the Boots products for sensitive skin. They are the best out there, and very inexpensive. Check them out here:
Boots Sensitive Gentle Cleansing Wash
Boots Sensitive Light Moisturizing Lotion
Boots Sensitive Restoring Night Treatment
Boots Sensitive Hydrating Eye Cream

3 comments:

Mujahada said...

Alhamdulilah I don't have sensitive skin but I'm going to try out what you suggested! 50 TIMES THOUGH :O That's a lot!! I'll let you know if I keep up with it and what I think insha'Allah! <3

Lauren said...

I've never thought of how much I rinse. I use a cleanser by Ren for Sensitive Skin. I have uber dry skin though, so I'm a little scared to try this. :P

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.