Bismillah ir-Rahman ir-Rahim....




The Mujahada in Prada

Saturday, June 4, 2011

~Work Wear, Formal Wear, and Travel~

aSalaam uAlaikum My Stylish Sisters...

In my last post I expressed (more like whined) about the fact that I didn't know about Hijabi Fashion Week, so since that last post I looked into it and learned that all hope is not lost!  The Titanic is still afloat!  The fat lady didn't sing!!

In other words...it's not too late!



Sooooo...since I didn't have time (nor had the knowledge) to be able to throw together outfits for all six days that have happened thus far, I chose my favorite three categories.  Here's what I was able to compile in the past few hours.  Insh'Allah you like them.

(P.S.  The lighting is horrible.  The backdrop is terrible.  The photography is less than professional.  In short...the pictures may stink, but the outfits are amazing.  And really...isn't that what counts?)

Work Wear
Crisp black menswear-inspired tuxedo shirt by I.N.C. available at Macy's.  White linen slacks by Ann Taylor.  Pinstripe white scarf by ummmm...no clue (sorry!)

Watch by Guess.  My own wedding ring and cocktail ring (both bought in Jordan by my in-laws) and a simple, pearl hijab pin.
My version of a briefcase, by House Of Derion (available at Macy's), along with some simple black pumps by Sheikh Shoes.

Formal Wear

This brilliant blue caftan with gold embroidery, and finished with beads and gemstone detailing around the neck and sleeves is from Soft Surroundings.

This necklace was a gift from my mother in law from Jordan.  The large cocktail ring is from http://www.gomodest.com/, and the other ring is another of my wedding rings (also from Jordan).

Shoes by Gianni Bini, handbag is from Newport News catalogue.


With such an intricate caftan, and fancy accessories I would keep the scarf relatively simple.  Like this off white one with gold sequin curls.

And now I have caught up with today's look................................

Day 6-Travel
Psychedelic peacock sundress is by Emma & Michele, jersey military inspired jacket is by Glimmer (available at Macy's) and pale turquoise pashmina was given to me as a gift.

Gold gladiators by Sam Edelman (available at Nordstrom), and brown sunglasses by Ralph Lauren.


Juicy Couture charm bracelet with salted pretzel charm, and royal purple hijab pin by Love Nyla (http://www.lovenyla.com/)

So, there you have it.  I'm always late to everything, so it figures I was late posting for HFW too, but alhamdulillah I'm able to squeeze in the last couple of days.

Now it's back to the closet to figure out what I'll post for tomorrow's category.  Hmmmmm.......

Ma'Salaama and Wish Me Luck!

Fashionably Yours,
The (wow! this is more than I've posted in a long time!) Mujahada in Prada

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

waAlaikum asSalaam waRamatullahi waBarakatuh habibti :) MashaAllah! I am always amazed by your sense of style! You are so classy. Far from me! LOL I just throw whatever together and walk out the door. I know you know who I am and I know you are abhorred! ;) Anywho, great post! Keep them coming! I am thrilled to see you've got your groove back habibti <3 This blog is my only sense of style! LOL Love ya!