Bismillah ir-Rahman ir-Rahim....




The Mujahada in Prada

Saturday, June 4, 2011

~Hijabi Fashion Week~

aSalaam uAlaikum My Stylish Sisters!


Ok....I must admit I'm a little hurt.  Why didn't anyone tell me about Hijabi Fashion Week?  I feel like I'm a nice person to be around.  Maybe not exactly the life of the party, but pleasant enough...and I can make some KILLER mocktails and appetizers, so what's the deal?  Why didn't I receive an invite to the party??


I keep browsing all of these other amazing Muslimah's fashion blogs and see one after another showing off their to-die-for ensembles, and I get a little tinge of disappointment that I wasn't sent a Save the Date for the occasion!


Soooo....that being said, I've decided to do my own!  Only I'll call it The Mujahada in Prada's Fashion Week.  (what else?? LOL)  Now, the only issue is this:  I'm not sure how to do the pictures.  I don't feel comfortable posting pictures of myself for all the blogosphere to see.  Not that I'm so especially smashing that I feel like I'll cause pangs of jealousy or anything, I am just a bit camera shy, particularly because I just had a baby not so long ago.  Let's just say I won't be bikini-ready anytime soon.  (Not that I wear bikinis anyways, but you get the point)


So I was thinking I could do the snapshots one of two ways:  Collages using Polyvore or something of that nature   OR   wearing niqab like I did for the photo up at the top of my blog.  Hmmmm....the jury is still out on that one, but I will definitely keep you lovely ladies informed.

Alhamdulillah this past week has been great.  I am still constantly struggling with the fact that I can't keep my house nearly as neat and tidy with two kids, as I did with one kid.  I guess I never realized how many hours a day I put into scrubbing the kitchen or vaccuming the floor, until I was too busy with a baby to do it anymore.  Some days I'm fine with the mess, but other days it literally causes my head to spin when looking around at my living room.  Just something to keep in mind for those sisters who are thinking of having kids, and don't have the funds to hire help.


My handsome hubby surprised me with an absolutely gorgeous diamond ring I've been lusting over for a while now.  The only problem is, when it was delivered a couple of the diamonds don't look right, so now I have to take it into the local store and see if they will exchange it for me.  *sob* How totally disappointing after waiting for weeks for it to arrive.  Ah well, insh'Allah khair.


Anyways, enough random-ness for one post.  I didn't really have anything too earth-shattering to share with you this week, but I wanted to pop in quickly for a quick cuppa and let you know what's going on in my world.

Oh...and one more thing.  I have decided to make a serious attempt to start eating better.  I've been reading a lot about how important it is to get lots and lots of antioxidants in order to try to stave cancer and other scariness.  Also, I am tired of still wearing my maternity jeans and am totally anxious to squeeze into my Sevens again.  Alhamdulillah the hubby has decided to participate in Operation Eat Healthy, which will make it much easier to stick to, so insh'Allah this weekend we will make a major grocery mission and get started with the healthy living.

Anyways, insh'Allah you all enjoy your weekends.  Do keep in touch, sometimes I feel as though I'm talking to myself in here! I love to get your comments, whether positive, negative, neutral, un-related, random ranting, or incoherent rambling.  :)


Ma'Salaama and Happy Hijabi Fashion Week! (hey, better late than never, right?)

The (I'm always fashionably late to everything anyway) Mujahada in Prada

2 comments:

Sanam said...

Well good luck getting your new ring :) & I'm sure that HFW said that other people could participate now, they just wouldn't be included with the official participants or something...

Day By Diva
Day By Diva

Anonymous said...

waAlaikum asSalaam waRamatullahi waBarakatuh habibti :) InshaAllah you will get your new ring back and it will be better than you expect! This post cracked me up BTW ;) You and your sarcasm <3 Love ya!