Bismillah ir-Rahman ir-Rahim....




The Mujahada in Prada

Friday, April 9, 2010

~ECHO...Echo...echo...~

Salaam uAlaikum and Good Evening My Stylish Sisters...

I have to get something off my chest ladies.  It's something I've been keeping quiet about for a little while, hoping insh'Allah I was just imagining things or being a little oversensitive.  But now I know for sure, my eyes are not fooling me and I am not just being emotional.

I've noticed recently that I am getting nooooo comments for my posts.  Nada.  Zip.  Zero. 

If it weren't for my hit counter, I would think no one visits me anymore.  I am not chastising you or anything like that, just asking as a friend and a sister: why?

I must admit I get a little sad when I read some other blogs and see five, ten, even twenty or more comments after every entry and I can't help but wonder, am I THAT boring?  Are my topics not appealing to anyone anymore?  I enjoy having these little chats with you ladies, getting your input, your ideas no matter how short your comments are.  I look forward to hearing your input, logging on and seeing what you think of what I've written.

So please, let me know what I can do differently.  Like I said from the birth of this little blog, I don't want this to be a place you ladies come to in order to be talked AT...I want you to come here to talk WITH me.  To sit with a cup of coffee or green tea and chat a little about fashion, about family, about friends, about our lives as fashionistas.

But now...*sigh* I feel I am sitting here sipping my peppermint mocha alllll alone.  In a big empty room.  And I'm talking to myself...the only reply I get is my own echo.  I miss you ladies...and I look forward to hearing from you. 

And if you're mad at me because I haven't posted any hijab tutorials wallahi wallahi wallahi (i sweeaaar) I will post one tomorrow.  I just received my styrofoam heads in the mail from my mommy and I will get myself together tomorrow and post away.  Okay?  Do you forgive me?

I hope so.

Ma'Salaama and I Miss You!

Fashionably Yours,
The Mujahada Mujahada in Prada Prada

8 comments:

J.Kabir said...

I love reading your posts sister.
Please check out my latest post. It links back to Veiled Couture. JK.

Durriyyah said...

Salam sister,
InshaAllah you get more responses. I feel the same way about my blog sometimes too, but I don't have a hit counter, so I just assume no one is looking. Ignorance is bliss? Hmm. Honestly, I read few blogs anymore... too many things online taking up my time.

Anyway, inshaAllah your blog will light up with comments!

Desert Housewife A. (The Canadian in Jubail) said...

AHHHHHHH omg astighforALLAH!! I feel really bad:-( Really hun I am super sorry -- just been busy OMG I don't even reply to the comments left on my own Blog!!

Inshaa'Allah I will for sure post comments -- it's not YOU, it's me :-D

The Mujahada in Prada said...

Salaam Sisters...thank you so much for commenting. I actually felt kind of guilty after I posted this, because I was being very hypocritical. I have barely been commenting on other sister's blogs either, so please accept my apologies. I guess we are all busy with our lives...no one said it was easy to be fashionista muslimahs!!
Love you all...Allah Ma'aku...
And to J. Kabir, I would love to check out your latest post but I don't know your blog name?? Please let me know so I can take a look insh'Allah!

Mujahada said...

Oh sweety! Im sorry I've been MIA! I'm going to blame that on school even though I have stopped in! I love your blog!

Anonymous said...

wa Alaikum asSalaam habibti!
AstaghfirAllah I am so sorry for not replying as much as before. As you know I have a lot going on but that is no excuse! InshaAllah you will forgive me and I'm sure you know who I am ;) <3 xxx I love this blog, it's the only one I follow and InshaAllah I will do a better job at supporting you habibti.

Desert Housewife A. (The Canadian in Jubail) said...

OKay totally random but that would be hilarious if someone ticked the "so last season" option on the bottom X-D

Shasharishi said...

As Salaam 'aleikum sister,
It took me a while to work out how to leave a comment lol! But that is just me being slow... love your blog, i will be reading your back issues for further inspiration ;) please feel welcome to follow my blog also at www.shasharishithebigcoverup.blogspot.com! x