Bismillah ir-Rahman ir-Rahim....




The Mujahada in Prada

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

~Not Sherlock's Trench~

aSalaam uAlaikum and Good Morning My Fabulous Fashionistas!

I'm sure some of you are wondering by now why I ask you to participate in those polls on my page, if I never even mention them again.  And you're right- I guess my mind works that way sometimes.  Always interested in asking questions, but never quite following up on the answers.

But, I decided that's not fair to any of us, because truth be told- your opinions ARE important to me, and I do want to make sure that I continue to chat about topics that interest you, instead of rambling on about subjects that make you yawn.  *yawn* (Why is it that even TYPING that word makes me yawn?) *yawn*

Anyways, the first poll was about topics you would like to see more of, and the #1 vote from that poll was...*drumroll*......

HIJAB TUTORIALS!!

That gets a huge YAYYY! from me, because I looove to wear my scarves in new, funky, fabulous ways, and love even more to share that with my friends.  BUT, it will be another week or so until I'm able to actually post those, because I am still living out of boxes and suitcases and I have noooo idea where my styrofoam heads are, and my camera has yet to arrive.

The second poll was about your favorite jackets for this season, and the #1 vote for that poll was......*drumroll*....

TRENCHES!!!

This gets another huge YAYYY! from me because I also loooove trenches!!  Even though we already talked about the different jacket trends for this season, I've seen some really fabulous jackets lately, and thought we could take another look at this gorgeous garment one more time. 


Fergie, Naomi Watts, and Eva Longoria in Juicy Couture Trenches

I would not consider myself the girl who runs out and buys whatever I see the hottest celebrities wearing.  Usually their styles are too risque for the average Muslimah Fashionista to wear, and let's face it- I definitely can't afford to spend $10,000 on a shopping spree.  But this item is not only modest and classy- you can find styles almost identical to it at great prices!


For this one I turn to my old favorite http://www.forever21.com/.  Available in Black or Khaki and for less than $40.00 this trendy trench can be made totally halaal with some pieces like these:




There are dozens of other fabulous styles of trenches out there now as well:


I love this precious polka-dotted piece from http://www.lulus.com/

 
This funky feminine twist on the classic plaid trench is available at http://www.macys.com/


For sisters who want a break from the classic khaki, here is a gorgeous coral trench at http://www.overstock.com/


And for those sisters who want something truly unique, I love the army green color of this coat, with contrasting black and white gingham detailing from http://www.forever21.com/


Any stylish sisters who prefer a more basic black, here is a trendy twist on a military inspired trench, at an amazing price.  Go to http://www.sears.com/.


From Sherlock Holmes...

...to Audrey Hepburn...

...the trench has always been a fashion staple that exudes sophistication and class.  You don't have to pay a bundle, in order to bundle up in one of these gorgeous jackets.  A fashionable way to shield yourself against those spring showers, or cool summer evenings, you will always look like the Fashionista Muslimah you are when wearing a trendy trench.

Ma'Salaama and Happy Trenching!

Fashionably Yours,
The (*yawn*) Mujahada in Prada


2 comments:

Rukhpar Mor said...

I desperately need advice on hijaab styles and how to wear hijaab in a 'nice' way. I will be waiting for that post.
Wassalam.

Anonymous said...

waAlaikum asSalaam habibti! I loved this post! I love trench coats too! And I <3 Audrey Hepburn! She is my all time favorite actress!!!!