Bismillah ir-Rahman ir-Rahim....




The Mujahada in Prada

Saturday, March 13, 2010

~I Am In Mourning~

aSalaam uAlaikum and Good Evening My Stylish Sisters!

I am in mourning.  I am trudging through the waters of despair, and clinging onto hope that I may reach the other side of my sadness in one piece.

Okay, so I am exaggerating (a little) but honestly I have lost something near and dear to me forever, and it seems I may never find another to replace it.

I am, of course, referring to my Matisse "Emmy" clogs. 

They were beautiful!  My sisters- they matched anything, always looked fashionable while providing the utmost comfort to my tootsies, and I received compliments and admiring glances everywhere I wore them.

But, alas, they were viciously and violently gnawed to death by my Aunt and Uncle's dogs. (*sob!*)

The funny thing is- this is not the first item of mine that my Aunt and Uncle's dogs have murdered.  No, when I was about 8 years old they ate Chuck and Chiquita-my beautiful blue and yellow Budgies.  Believe me, I love animals, but I don't think I was as sad about losing those birds as I am about losing my clogs.  (I would think they were out for me, but these are a completely different set of dogs, so I'm not sure what the deal is with them eating things closest to me...could it be jealousy? hmmm... better watch out for my daughter!)

I love my Aunt and Uncle, and their dogs are adorable, funny, and sweet, but I don't know how quickly I will be able to get over this loss ladies.  I know you are probably thinking "Get real- they're just a pair of clogs." But I know for a fact that at least ONE of my readers out there (and you know who you are!) can sympathize with my plight.

I have composed and sent off a letter to the manufacturer of these magnificent mules begging for their assistance, and here it is:


Matisse Emmy Clog
Saturday, March 13, 2010 12:28 AM



From: (The Mujahada in Prada)
To: info@matissefootwear.com

To Whom It May Concern;
I purchased a pair of Matisse "Emmy" clogs in the white color (with turquoise detailing) about a year ago and they were my ALL TIME favorite pair of shoes. (and I honestly own about 50 pairs of shoes)


I wore them constantly, and got sooo many compliments on them. Two days ago while visiting my Aunt and Uncle they were savagely gnawed to death by their dogs. I honestly feel like I am mourning the passing of a dear friend.


I have searched the internet high and low trying to find another pair and cannot find them anywhere.


Please, is there anywhere there might be another pair of these beautiful clogs?? I honestly am a shoe fanatic, I blog about fashion (www.veiledcouture.blogspot.com) and on there have talked about my Emmy clogs and how I looooved them. I not only would remain a loyal fan of your company, but would sing your praises on my blog for as long as necessary if you could PLEASE find me another pair of these shoes. I believe mine were a size 9 (they were beyond repair and I could not bear to throw them away so my mom did before I could check out the size) but an 8.5 would probably work as well.


Thank you so much in advance for your reply. I truly appreciate you even taking the time out to read my email.

 
Sincerely,
The Mujahada in Prada


So ladies...insh'Allah I will hear back from them.  I will be sure to update you if and when I do.  In the meantime if any sisters out there are able to come across a pair of these incredible clogs in white, please let me know.



Ma'Salaama and Sweet Dreams!

Fashionably Yours,
 The (desperate and devastated) Mujahada in Prada

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can totally relate and I feel your pain. I wish you success in finding another one just like it Insyallah.
Usually when I like something sooooo much like a pair of shoes or some jeans or top, I go back and buy more of them or at least one more hehe but that can be a financial hazard too.
I hope they'll reply you and say yes we're shipping one out to you right now! Amin.

Anonymous said...

wa Alaikum asSalaam habibti! What a horrible way to go! InshaAllah your letter successfully gets through to some higher up over there and you get your white Matisse Emmy High Heel Clogs again very soon! <3

Noor said...

Asalam Alaykum ukti my name is Noor and I live in Saudi Arabia. I have a blog Little Pink Strawberries. I wanted to invite you to my forum Cafe Muslimah

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Cafe_Muslimah/index.php

I hope you come inshAllah..

Love, Noor