Bismillah ir-Rahman ir-Rahim....




The Mujahada in Prada

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

~Cocktail Rings (Without The Cocktails)~

aSalaam uAlaikum and Good Evening My Stylish Sisters!

Insh'Allah your week has started out productively.  I am still traveling westward, visiting good friends and family on the way.  Alhamdulillah my daughter and I are enjoying ourselves tremendously, and I'm loving the chance to experience all of the beautiful inspirations surrounding us here in the SouthWest.  Art runs in my family's veins, and many of my family members are artists of one form or another.  Insh'Allah once I have reached my destination I will share with you amazing Muslimahs some pictures of my uncle's gorgeous hand-made jewelry.

Speaking of jewelry, I wanted to chat a little bit about one of my favorite pieces of jewelry to wear.  It's only fitting that I blog about this, as at this moment I am sitting and sipping a 100% non-alcoholic Pina Colada. (yum!)  The chic little accessory I am talking about is the Cocktail Ring.

Personally I looooove oversized, slightly gaudy, and always fun cocktail rings.  Whether I am wearing jeans and a tunic, or a formal gown, a chunky cocktail ring adds just the bling that completes any outfit.

Cocktail rings don't have to actually BE expensive to look extravagant.  You can often find these oversized ornaments in a variety of metals, gems, and designs anywhere from the fashion jewelry store in your local mall, to Overstock.com .

Here are a few of my favorites:

  This beautiful bauble is available at Overstock.com.



This bit of bling is available at GoModest.com (it's almost sold out!)



 This ornate vintage ring is available at PerfectDetails.com.





For sisters who prefer a more modern style, this gorgeous Pop Culture ring is a available at Forever21.com




Believe it or not, this fabulous filigree ring is from Target.com



For those sisters who can afford it, here is a fanciful little frog ring from Emitations.com.  They also have a flying pig, and fish cocktail rings that are adorable.

Before I started to wear hijab I loved to wear funky, chunky necklaces, but with a scarf usually covering them I have gotten absolutely addicted to cocktail rings.  Whether fun and oversized, or sophisticated and chic, they are the perfect accessory to add pizazz to any outfit.  Personally, I love the juxtaposition of my favorite pair of casual jeans with a flowing top, and a huge, slightly obnoxious, piece of bling.  Available anywhere from $5.00 to $500.00, any sister can use these bold baubles as a statement piece.

Ma'Salaama and Happy Blinging!

Fashionably Yours,

The (Jewelry Junky) Mujahada in Prada





5 comments:

Texan after UAE said...

salamalikom
masha'a'Allah! lovely rings! here in UAE they love these kinda rings. you see the sisters wearing them on every occasion. Masha'a'Allah. Love your blog!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I just cannot stress enough how similar you are to my own likes. Amazing!

Mujahada said...

I'm a HUGE ring person!! especially big fun, JUNK rings! love em! have a growing collection too :D

Alyssa said...

I LOVE the oversized and slight gaudy cocktail rings as well... which is probably why I make them so often :)