Bismillah ir-Rahman ir-Rahim....




The Mujahada in Prada

Friday, April 29, 2011

~She's Here!~

aSalaam uAlaikum WaramtuAllahi Wabarakatu...

Well sisters it's official;  I'm a mother of two now!  Alhamdulillah!

That's right...my newest little bundle of joy was born April 6th at 9:38 AM.  She weighed in at 7 pounds, 11 ounces mash'Allah and was 20.5 inches long.

Originally her birth was planned for the 8th of April, like I posted before, but when I went to my last OBGYN appointment, my doctor guiltily informed me that he wouldn't be in town on the 8th.  Now...I have to admit I was NOT happy about that news, because my doctor did that to me before with my oldest daughter's birth.  It was a scene straight out of the movie "Knocked Up" when my husband called my doctor to tell him my water had broken and he confessed he was out of town for the weekend.  So you can only imagine my frustration when the doctor calmly told me he had a conference he'd forgotten about on the 8th when he'd scheduled my c-section.

After a few deep breaths, and counting to ten, we were able to negotiate and figure out we could do the c-section on the 6th instead alhamdulillah.

Well, it all turned out just as planned.  The new baby is beautiful, with all ten fingers and all ten toes alhamdulillah.  She looks amazingly different than her big sister, but is just as gorgeous mash'Allah.  I have to admit that before she was born I was pretty nervous about having another baby, and wasn't sure the timing was right.  But I've totally fallen head over heels with her, and so has her big sister.  Mash'Allah my older daughter (who is only two and a half) takes such wonderful care of her.  She is always making sure she is covered with a blanket, fixes her hat if it slips over her eyes, and showers her with as many hugs and kisses as she can.  She is always asking when she'll be old enough to walk and play with her, but is perfectly content with just sitting next to her on the couch and stroking her tiny little hand or cuddling with her mash'Allah. 

Subhan'Allah, it is exactly as my aunt told me it would be.  She told me that my oldest daughter would be my little girl, until the baby was born.  And then, overnight, she would be my big girl.  Before the new baby came I still looked at my daughter as a baby, but now I see just how grown up she is mash'Allah.

Anyways, I could gush on and on about how happy I am to be a mom again, and all the details about my newest baby's birth, but I don't want to bore you lovely ladies.  I just wanted to check in quickly to let you know that alhamdulillah she was born, she is healthy, and we are all loving her to bits.

Insh'Allah all is well with you amazing Muslimahs as well, and I will post again soon.

Ma'Salaama and Happy Mommy-ing!

Lovingly Yours,
The (yes, I'm back wearing my heels already!) Mujahada in Prada

4 comments:

kakchik said...

Salam sister. Congratulations! I can feel the happiness in your writing even though you have a bit of a problem before the birth. All the best.

BTW, I just drop by because I saw your update. I'm your follower.

KakChik
http://kakchik.com

Maryam said...

Elf mabrook!

The Mujahada in Prada said...

aSalaam uAlaikum Sisters!
Thank you for posting comments. Allah Barak Fikum for the well wishes and kind words. Alhamdulillah everything is going well with us. It's hard to find much "Me" time with two kids, but it's totally worth it alhamdulillah. Insh'Allah soon I am looking forward to getting back into my fashion groove and begin posting about more clothes, shoes, and accessories, and less about maternity wear, slippers, and burp clothes LOL.
Thanks again for the comments, and for following my blog mash'Allah.
Allah Ma'aku,
M.I.P.
(Mujahada in Prada)

Anonymous said...

waAlaikum asSalaam waRamatullahi waBarakatuh habibti :)

MashaAllah wa Alhamdulilah wa Alf Mabrook! Allah is the best of planners as we both know very well :) You are all in my dua always inshaAllah. I love you all fisabillah. It was great to read your update again <3